PWC SURF LIFESAVING RESCUE SLED
MADE FOR THE RESCUE PROFESSIONAL IN MIND
DURABLE MOLDED POLYETHYLENE HULL WILL OUTLAST and OUTPERFORM PE, PP, EVA FOAM or INFLATABLE SLEDS BY 2 to 3 TIMES GUARANTEED!
recommended for three-seat pwcs for all types of waterborne rescue operations or recreational activities, including tow-in surfing, spear fishing. This model has been the standard for rescue operations around the world for over 20 years!
Length: 63 in. (160 cm) and 67 inches (170cm) with optional bumper.
- Width: 37.50 in. +/- 0.50 inches (95.25cm +/- 1.27cm)
- Thickness: 3.85 in at thickest point (10cm),
- Capacity: 397lbs.(180 kg)or two adults.
- Weight: is approximately 48 lbs (19kg.)- sled dry weight, includes molded plastic hull and deck pad.
Total attached weight to pwc = approximately 55 lbs (27kg)-including all attachment hardware, optional bumper, and removable/replaceable handles.
- Available in 3/point connection Tie Down Versions and Military Duty Quick Hitch Versions
- 3/8″ thick PVC Foam Deck Pad- Very Comfortable
(Durable and provides the right amount of traction. Non-slippery like the polyethylene bodyboard foams or non-textured PVC foams. Non-Abrasive and will not create skin rashes like textured medium density EVA “Hydroturf” type foams)
- 8 Handgrips or 10 Handgrips (Last Chance Handgrips as an option) made from 5000lb test nylon webbing, over-molded with proprietary, flexible elastomers, very durable and resistant to the elements. Handgrips are anchored to the sled hull using 7000lb test brass mold-in inserts and stainless fasteners that will not rust. Fasteners are secured from backing out using Locktite.
You will not find a more comfortable secure-feeling handgrip on any other sled! This is one of the best features our customers comment on after tying their sled out for the first time.
- Vibration Issues- The PRO Sled utilizes flexible linear low-density polyethylene, flexible urethanes or EVA copolymers as bumpers at the connecting points, and a cushioning deck pad. All of these items have been used to reduce vibration caused from pwc motors. The PRO sled, being a molded sled, transfers no more insignificant vibration than any other sled on the market, contrary to what competitors may like you to believe.
- Vent Drain Plug on hollow, molded PRO model
- Guaranteed to outlast any other pwc sled available in the world, provided use and maintenance guidelines adhered to.
- Standard Hull Colors: red or yellow (Orange, white, military green, battleship grey, or black subject to stock on hand or custom orders of 5 or more.
- Hand grip/bumper Colors: Red or Black,( subject to inventory)
- molded High Density Polyethylene shell ( Highly U.V. Resistant from degradation or color fade, will not become brittle, rot or fade from sun exposure like ABS, urethane plastic skins and PE skins on foam sleds. They have exceptional stiffness, rebound and tensile strength- will not crack, high flexural modulus, maintains overall shape, physical properties and will not warp under normal operating climate conditions, resistant to all chemicals. Monolithic molded part without laminated skins. Will not delaminate from water invasion at the seams like bodyboard style sleds where layers of plastics have been heat welded or glued (see Lifesled, HSA, Turbo, GBoards, Liquid Shredder, MJ Sleds etc.). no glued seams to come apart like those found in inflatable sled hulls.
- Easy to mend with plastic welder, resistant to folding or creasing under manufacturer recommended use guidelines.
- hollow- air filled core, sealed hull with vent/drain plug (98% waterproof- better than the average 5% water absorption rate in sleds with a closed-cell expanded bead or extruded polypropylene or polyethylene foam core- nothing is 100% waterproof)
- Tail is tapered at 2.5 inches thick (6.75 cm) so that the sled will not have too much flotation, and will sink a few inches under water while the pwc is at idle. (Stretcher or Litter baskets had been in widespread use for many years, especially in swift water or river conditions because the basket would sink under the water several inches and allow the rescue swimmer to place the victim in the basket at the water level.) Likewise, this feature in the PRO model sled allows rescue swimmers to easily place hypothermic or unconscious victims upon sled deck from the water level without having to “lift” the victim up onto a sled as one would have to do with a sled that has too much buoyancy. The PRO Sled tail lifts back up on top of water surface and planes efficiently while pwc is moving forward. A much better improvement and application over the litter basket, the PRO sled offers a more comfortable, stable, and secure ride.
- Some of our competitors claim that their product is better because their sleds have more flotation in the tail area. A four inch thick tail, with the additional flotation is great if you are sitting or laying on the sled in the open ocean or surf zone for several hours and need to stay out of the water, but for the most part, rescues or tow surfing pickups take place within a matter of minutes or seconds and prolonged riding on the sled is seldom used. People typically sit on the pwc seat if traveling long distances or if they are going to be on the water for more than a few minutes.
THE MAIN IDEA BEHIND THE USE OF THE PWC AND SLED HAS ALWAYS BEEN TO GET THE VICTIM OUT OF DANGER AND BACK TO SHORE IN THE SHORTEST TIME POSSIBLE! TREAT THE VICTIM AFTER THEY ARE OUT OF DANGER. CPR CAN STILL BE PERFORMED ON THE PRO SLED EFFICIENTLY BY STRADDLING THE VICTIM WHILE THE PWC IS MOVING FORWARD AND MAKING PROGRESS BACK TO SHORE
Basic Tie Down Version with nylon webbing/bungee cords/bumper (Similar to Standard Connection offered by all sled manufacturers) , Utilizes universal, convenient 3-point hookup to all makes and models of pwcs. The attachments are non-invasive as they are already molded into the sled as holes for rigging. These attachment points will not fail as they go through the entire hull
and spread the load evenly across the surface.
Body board style sleds have proven to fail at the attachment points due to types of materials and engineering configurations used to create the anchor points located within the cores, or mount externally on their sleds. The core materials are relatively weak and can easily be taken beyond their breaking points, so the anchor hardware/fiberglass stringers and Delrin or metal rods, holding the fastening points to the sled, tear out, leaving the sled, many times, beyond repair.
Nylon webbing and stainless spring clips are used and attached to the center main holes in the sled for the center attachment point to the pwc; bungee cords and stainless spring clips are attached to the outboard holes in the sled hull for the other 2 attachment points. Bungees are protected from fraying easily on the sled rails by sleeving the rigging through clear pvc hose.
U-bolts to be installed on pwc hull for mounting sled to the pwc are included ( all pwcs require at least one, and up to three of the U-bolts installed on all tie down sleds for a proper 3-point hookup (depending on pwc model), as pwc manufacturers will not provide these proper attachment points on their craft from the factory for liability reasons). Nose of sled is protected through use of a replaceable bumper.